1) The USTRC Scholarship Program will award $100,000 in scholarship funds annually. Sixty (60) scholarships will be awarded to the top
point earners during the 2017 season (November 1, 2016 thru October 31, 2017). Scholarship amounts will be awarded as follows:
|1st - $10,000||6th - $4,500||11th thru 20th - $1,500
|2nd - $8,000||7th - $3,500||21st thru 30th - $1,250
|3rd - $6,000||8th - $3,000||31st thru 40th - $1,000
|4th - $5,500||9th - $2,500||41st thru 50th - $750
|5th - $5,000||10th - $2,000||51st thru 60th - $500
2) To be eligible to participate in the USTRC Scholarship Program, ropers must:
- Be a current USTRC member in good standing
- Be 24 years of age or younger as of January 1, 2017
- “Opt In” to the Scholarship Program on or before June 1, 2017. This is done by logging into the Member Services
portal from the USTRC website and selecting the “Opt In” option under the Scholarship Program. No ropers will be
allowed to “Opt In” for the 2017 season after this June 1st deadline.
- Note: Ropers must “Opt In” to the Scholarship Program every season if they want to be eligible for scholarships.
3) Points will be given to ropers according to the following rules:
- One point will be given for each entry in any division (Open thru #8) at a USTRC Sanctioned event, Regional or National Finals.
- Points will also be given to ropers placing 1st thru 10th in the average in any division (Open thru #8) at a USTRC Sanctioned event, Regional or National Finals. Average points will be awarded using the following ten (10) point system:
|1st Place – 10 points||6th Place – 5 points
|2nd Place – 9 points||7th Place – 4 points
|3rd Place – 8 points||8th Place – 3 points
|4th Place – 7 points||9th Place – 2 points
|5th Place – 6 points||10th Place – 1 point
- Tie-breaker Policy: In the event of a tie, total money won at USTRC sanctioned events will be used to break the tie.
If a tie still exists, the number of entries at USTRC sanctioned events will be used to break the tie.
4) Awarded scholarship monies will be placed into a Scholarship Fund for each recipient. Any subsequent scholarships won by
the recipient will be added into their Scholarship Fund.
5) To begin receiving scholarship distributions, recipients must:
- Send USTRC a completed Request for Scholarship Funds form
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited University, College or Trade School
- Provide USTRC proof of enrollment i.e. official communication from your college/school that proves you are either enrolled or attending
the school. This can be a receipt for fees paid, a class schedule, a student identification card, or a letter of acceptance.
- Expiration Policy for non-High School graduates: If the scholarship recipient has not graduated from High School, they must complete the criteria
listed above prior to their 21st birthday or all monies in their Scholarship Fund will be forfeited.
- Expiration Policy for High School graduates: If the scholarship recipient already has a High School diploma or GED, they must complete the criteria
listed above as of December 31st, two years after receiving the scholarship or all monies in their Scholarship Fund will be forfeited.
6) Scholarship distributions are paid directly to the University, College or Trade School in the student’s name. Scholarship funds will first be used
to pay for tuition, books, meals and/or lab fees. Any additional funds left over will be paid out to the student in accordance with to the schools return policy.
7) Scholarship Fund distribution amounts will be determined according to the following rules:
- Scholarship Fund balances of $500 or less will be paid out in a single semester.
- Scholarship Fund balances between $500 and $2,000 will be disbursed in equal amounts over two (2) fall/spring semesters.
- Scholarship Fund balances between $2,000 and $10,000 will be disbursed in equal amounts over four (4) fall/spring semesters.
- Scholarship Fund balances over $10,000 will be disbursed in equal amounts over eight (8) fall/spring semesters.
- Note: If additional scholarship monies are won after the recipient has started school, disbursement amounts will be increased accordingly.
8) Scholarship recipients must meet the following requirements each semester in order to continue receiving distributions from their Scholarship Fund:
- Maintain a 2.5 or higher semester GPA
- Pass 12 (undergraduate) or 6 (graduate) hours each fall or spring semester (incomplete “I” courses are not considered passing)
- Send USTRC grade verification (official copy of your report card or transcript) each semester
- Provide USTRC proof of current enrollment i.e. official communication from your college/school that proves you are signed up for classes. This can be a receipt for fees paid or a class schedule
- Non-Renewal Policy: If a scholarship recipient fails to meet all the criteria listed above each semester, all monies in their Scholarship Fund will be forfeited.