• Membership:

  • How do I join USTRC?

      If you are new to USTRC, getting a membership is easy. Just Contact our Main Office or click on the Join link to download an application. Fill out the application form in its entirety and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form. If submitting online, just complete the application and hit enter. If you are a new member, you will need to call the USTRC in order for a classification number to be assigned to you. You can also join at any USTRC Affiliate or Sanctioned event and a temporary number will be assigned to you. If you are a renewing member or have been a member in the past, you can log in to your USTRC Member Services page and renew your membership there. If you don’t remember your member number or password, just give us a call and a USTRC representative will be glad to help you.

  • How do I get a replacement card?
  • Is there a lifetime membership?

      Yes, if you are 70 years old or will celebrate your 70th birthday at any time during the current membership year, you can purchase a lifetime USTRC membership for a one–time fee of $110, which provides you with all the benefits of a USTRC membership.

  • How much does membership cost for children?

      Junior Looper membership is free to youngsters 12 and under. A copy of their birth certificate and a social security number is required in order to receive this membership.

  • What events can youth rope in with a Junior Looper membership?

      Your children can rope in the very popular Junior Looper “dummy” ropings that take place at USTRC sanctioned ropings including the National Finals, where the Junior Looper Championships are held.

  • Will my child be classified?
  • How long does membership last?

      Your membership begins on the date of purchase and ends on December 31 of that same year. Memberships purchased after November 1 of any given year are valid through December 31 of the next year. For example, if you purchase a membership on November 3, it will be valid through December of the following year. Purchasing early is always a good idea!

  • I am not receiving my Team Roping Journal. What happened?

      If you are no longer receiving The Team Roping Journal, it's for one of two reasons. Either your membership has expired and the magazine is no longer being mailed to you, or you have not updated your mailing address. You can go to your USTRC member page and update your address. If neither of these is the case, then please Contact our Main Office.

  • I’ve gotten married and my last name has changed.

      Congratulations! In order to change the name on your membership, you will need to provide a copy of your marriage license and a government ID, like a driver’s license, showing your new name. A new card will be sent to you.

  • I can’t get into my member page, what do I do?
  • Classification:

  • I am a first time member, how do I get classified?

      Members are classified from number #1 through #9 for headers and #1 through #10 for heelers. First time members will need to Contact our Main Office to get classified. One of our knowledgeable representatives will go through a series of questions with you to get familiar with your team roping abilities and then assign you a classification.

  • What does “Elite” mean?

      “Elite” is a roper that has a distinctive competitive advantage or disadvantage. It is determined by adequate performance data that has been collected. The effect of the Elite system will further level the playing field by preventing two Elite ropers from partnering together unless they give up a division. For example, an Elite 5 header won’t be allowed to enter the #10 division with an Elite 5 heeler. Instead, they will have to enter the #11 division. However, an Elite #5 header will be allowed to enter the number #10 division with a #5 heeler. In other words, the sum of your classification and your partner’s classification determines the division you are eligible to enter unless BOTH ropers are classified as “Elite.” This procedure will more closely define the caliber of each roping division.

  • How do I appeal my Classification number?

      Performance information is constantly being fed into the classification system so numbers can change based on the roper's growing or diminishing competitiveness. In order to file an appeal, one must be current with USTRC or WSTR. Please Contact our Main Office to speak to a representative who can assist you.

  • What is the process to apply for a double number?

      Double numbers are granted on basis of performance that has been gathered at events and/or research conducted by data analysts. Applicants must be current with USTRC or WSTR at time of double number request. Please Contact our Main Office to speak to a representative that can assist you.

  • I haven’t been a member of the USTRC in a few years, how do I find out my Classification number?
  • Competition

  • I am unable to find a partner.

      If you need assistance finding a partner, we can help you with that. USTRC will match you to another roper through its Partner Finder or Draw In Option at sanctioned events. A partner will be matched to you from among all Headers and Heelers within the division you wish to enter provided you meet eligibility requirements.

  • Please explain the Draw in Option?

      The Draw in Option is just as it says, you may draw into any division 15 through the 9. If you do not have a partner and you meet the criteria to draw in, just simply turn in your entry card with your name on the position you want to rope, and the computer will draw you a partner.

  • If my partner does not pay for the drawn run with me, am I going to receive the winnings and prizes?

      Yes your entry is paid so you are eligible for all the winnings and prizes.

  • What division can I draw into a ropings?

      Here is the complete format of what classification you need to be to draw into a roping.

      - #15 Handicap – must be at least a #6 Header or a #7 Heeler
      - #13 Handicap – must be at least a #5 Header or a #6 Heeler
      - #12 Handicap – must be at least a #4 Header or a #6 Heeler
      - #11 Handicap – must be at least a #4 Header or a #5 Heeler
      - #10 Handicap – capped at an Elite 6; must be at least a #3 Header or a #4 Heeler
      - #9 Handicap – capped at an Elite 5; must be at least a #3 Header or a #3 Heeler
      - #8 is already a Pick/Draw Format

  • What’s the difference between an Affiliate and a Sanctioned roping?

      An affiliate roping is a smaller or special event roping that does not follow normal USTRC formats. However, earnings at these events also count toward discounted entry fees at the USTRC National Finals.

  • What is a handicap roping?

      In order to level the playing field, handicap offers seconds off the time of teams of ropers whose classification numbers are lower than the division in which they entered. Seconds off will be given to teams whose combination of classifications equals less than the advertised division.

  • What is “winning the average?”

      This is a cowboy term that refers to a team that progresses through all go rounds with the fastest total or cumulative time on the required number of steers. Since the total time on the required number of steers is not an “average”, in recent history announcers and associations continually try to utilize the term “aggregate” instead of average, but with limited success.

  • When do I enter?

      With the exception of the USTRC National Finals of Team Roping, all entries can be made on site at the roping secretary office. You should always be entered at least one hour before your division. This procedure allows secretaries plenty of time to complete the entries and post the draw order.

  • How is the draw order listed?

      The draw order is typically listed by last name and will include the roper’s name and the name of his or her partners for all the teams in that division. If your name is highlighted, you will need to go to the secretary’s office.

  • Can I pay my partner’s fees?

      Yes, this is totally between you and your partner. However, should your team win, payment of winnings will be made separately.

  • How do I know how much I have earned?

      You can log in to the Member page at www.ustrc.com and your personal page will be displayed with a listing of your earnings. If you have never logged in before, you will be prompted to choose a password for future use.

Copyright © 2019 Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved
The USTRC is a for-profit organization. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the USTRC Online User Agreement.